9.07.2012

Disconnect


Almost exactly a year ago, I had to reject my acceptance to art school.
Today, I was unable to tryout for the Maine Roller Derby.
It's something I was excited about and worked so hard for, but in the end I had to make the decision that I wasn't able to commit my time or money to it.  Watching the excitement of the friends I made from Derby Lite is really hitting me hard, like I was the only one that didn't make the team, like I've failed somehow.  Now I'm going to have to continue feeling insignificant and hope someday I can do something truly great and be confident that I've accomplished something positive.  Until then I have to accept that I once again didn't get to follow through with taking an opportunity that could have made my life better.
  
A year is going to feel like forever.

No comments: